Entry requirements Normally you need • a good honours degree, typically 2.1 or above, from a UK university or equivalent from overseas university • spoken and written English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.5
MSc/PgDip/PgCert Information Technology
This course introduces you to the latest theories and skills to help you design and develop IT systems, processes and technologies. It gives you an insight into how to use modern approaches to IT, software and systems’ development to address the needs of organisations.
This course focuses on
• the theory and skills you need to design and set up IT systems, processes and technologies
• giving you the practical experience and theoretical knowledge of the tools and techniques
• modern approaches to software and systems development
• applying advanced IT systems and technical skills
• developing your academic, professional and communication skills to improve your career opportunities
We support your independent learning through
• our academic team
• access to the latest learning materials via the learning centre
• online conferencing
You will use our virtual learning environment, Blackboard, to widen your experience and access extra course materials, self-tests and support.
Finally, you develop your academic, professional and communication skills, which increase your employment and career opportunities in the IT industry.
This course allows you to demonstrate and apply advanced IT technical knowledge and expertise for employers in industry, commerce and the public sector.
This broad-based course allows you to develop a wide range of IT skills. These enable you to gain employment in the IT industry in roles such as • technical IT manager • technical advisor • IT consultant.
• study skills for professionals • research principles and practice • web application design and modelling • logical database development • databases and the web • IT principles and practice • dissertation