Comments about Applied Professional Studies, BA - BSc (top-up) - At the institution - Greenwich - Greater London
* To provide academic recognition for prior experiential learning * To enhance the learner’s personal development * To develop the learner’s reflective abilities
Entry requirements Foundation degree. Applicants for direct entry without a foundation degree must be able to provide evidence of 240 credits, equivalent to year 1 and year 2 of a degree programme
Applied Professional Studies, BA / BSc (top-up)
The aim of the programme is to provide progression for foundation degree graduates and other students with sufficient higher education level 1 and 2 credits. It enables students to become honours graduates who are effective and informed "reflective practitioners", able to define and achieve both personal and professional targets including research, and who have responsibility for their own professional and academic development.
The programme seeks to do this by consolidating the students’ abilities as reflective practitioners enabling them to fully integrate academic study, formal research and the workplace.
* Credit from prior learning
* Work-based (or work-related) elements to a minimum proportion of 25 per cent of total credit
* Subject-specific elements
* Core, key or transferable skills or general subjects
The programme is designed to assist in individuals’ personal development. It can enhance and develop promotion opportunities, as well as open up avenues to possible postgraduate study and new areas of employment