Comments about BA Arts Management - At the institution - Leicester - Leicestershire
* We are looking for future leaders in the creative industries * Our graduates are passionate about the arts, and combine this with a strong grounding in cultural theory, leadership plus management skills and practical experience which gives them a competitive edge in the job market. * Our course is long established and has an excellent reputation. Many of our former students now run arts organisations and offer placements to our students. * Arts Management students play a major pro-active role in the management and delivery of cultural eXchanges, a week-long festival of performance, discussion, debates and exhibitions. * The staff team is made up of industry practitioners.
Entry requirements * A Levels/ASs/AVCEs/Key Skills (Level Three) usually 220 - 240 points(applicants must have at least two full A Levels) * AGNVQ/BTEC Merit/Distinction * Access Pass.
BA Arts Management
BA Arts Management
We are interested in you if you are dedicated to:
* hard work
* and if you are able and willing to work both as a leader and as part of a team
Arts Management is an applied subject. This means there is emphasis both on developing an understanding of academic debates and arguments and on demonstrating your practical skills through projects and placements. The structure of the degree allows you to tailor your study to your own particular interests and needs, providing an arena in which you can choose and specialise.
Here is an example of some of the modules normally available to joint students;
The First Year
* Cultural policy
* Arts marketing
* Cultural management
The Second Year
* Cultural policy planning strategy
* Venue management- strategic visioning and business planning
* An Industry Placement 3 weeks
The Third Year
* Media industry
* Music industry Heritage industry
* Event management cultural eXchanges festival
* Cultural eXchanges
* Venue management