If you have experience in the practice or study of art and design, textiles or design and technology you will be in an excellent position to make an application to what is one of the most innovative and exciting creative courses in the country. Design Practice is a career-relevant degree in which you will develop an extensive range of professional subject knowledge and technical skills. Employers in the creative industries sector will find the skills you will develop on this degree course as extremely valuable.
Entry requirements You will need three GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent), including English Language, plus one of the following: * 160 points (including a minimum of two A2 levels or a 12 unit AVCE or a combination) or * 160 points from BTEC National Diploma/ Certificate or * An equivalent qualification to those listed above (eg Access to Higher Education Certificate, International Baccalaureate)
BA Design Practice
BA Design Practice
* Visual Research Methodology to help you develop your creative thinking, research and visual communication.
* Specialist Research & Knowledge to develop your design theory and practice including research and development processes in multimedia.
* Navigating ICT to enable you to undertake your designs with more confidence and understanding in the context of computer aided design and manufacture.
* History & Cultural Contexts and Design Now where you will look at the complex context in which contemporary professional design practice takes place and study the work of important designers and design movements.
* In Specialist Design Practice you will develop your knowledge of key design processes in the specialist disciplines, working collaboratively with students and staff.
* Collaborative Practice and the Client Design Project modules address interdisciplinary assignments that enable you to relate your developing specialist skills in a broader context of surface, form and space.
* Business Studies for Design Practice and Design & Global Culture modules help you to relate your studies to the international professional workplace.
* Working in the Creative Industries is the module in which you carry out a period of work experience.
* You will propose a series of projects in Design Project Practice that will enable you to develop and demonstrate your emerging professional skills.
* You will also undertake a Special Study into an aspect of design that is important to you and relevant to your professional career needs.