Illustration is a dynamic and continually evolving subject. The course ethos is to encourage individual, creative explorations, within a traditional approach or pursue more experimental avenues. We aim to give you the creative skills and thinking abilities to succeed in today's fast evolving art and design professions.
Art and Design Foundation, BTEC, National Diploma or equivalent accepted. Normally applicants attend an interview and present their portfolio. Alternatively, A level/AS level/Vocational A level: normally 220-300 points plus portfolio.
Design Illustration Year 1
* Introduction to the techniques of illustration and its associations within the related disciplines of graphic design, typography and photography
* Develop your understanding through drawing
* Printmaking, bookbinding, digital workshops and media exploration
* Study trips to London and overseas such as New York, Paris and Barcelona
Design Illustration Year 2
* Expand your skills coupled with deeper and broader exploration of illustrative practices
* Explore creative writing, autonomous practice, narrative sequence and digital illustration strategies
* Options for work placements and to study abroad on exchange, as well as working with other disciplines
* External commissions and competitions
Design Illustration Year 3
* Increased emphasis on developing and consolidating your personal visual 'voice'
* Undertake a major dissertation related to your interests
* Participate in the Degree Show and a major London graduate show
* Careers programme to help realise your aspirations