This programme of study is intended to provide the student with as wide a choice as possible in the taught part of their programme of study. Students are able to choose any four courses from a set of seven, as well as undertaking a Master's level project.
Entry Requirements A good first degree in computing, computing science or a numerate subject (such as mathematics, physics, engineering, IS, multimedia) which includes some software development, or substantial commercial/industrial experience including software development using modern programming languages and design
The programme provides a flexible framework for the professional who knows what knowledge, skills, tools and techniques they require to further their career. Advice and guidance will be given as to the most suitable courses for the particular needs of each student.
Problem solving, professional ethics and practices, as well as advanced transferable skills, permeate and underpin the programme and its constituent courses.
* Project and Dissertation including a course in Research Methods
* Software Tools and Techniques
* Software Engineering Management
* Enterprise Software Engineering Development
* Web Engineering
* Enterprise Web Engineering *
* Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing
* Distributed Data Management Technology
* E-Business Applications
* Mobile Application Development *
* Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery in Databases *
* Distributed Data Architecture and Management
* Enterprise Programming and Architecture *
* Mobile Technologies *
* Network Technologies and Design
* Network Management *
* Network Security
* Computer Security and Risk Management
* Operating System and Application Server Technology
* Negotiable option; pre-requisite knowledge required.