Course - BTEC National Diploma in Photography ( 11TFP110 )

Speak without obligation to Kensington and Chelsea College

To contact you must accept the privacy policy

Comments about Course - BTEC National Diploma in Photography ( 11TFP110 ) - At the institution - Kensington and Chelsea - Greater London

  • Entry requirements
    What background and qualifications do you need to join?This is a basic level course and no previous knowledge or experience is needed other than a love of photography and enthusiasm for it. There are no entry requirements, however you will need to be able to show some work and do a short project for an interview or on the first day of the course.
  • Academic title
    BTEC Award: Photography
  • Course description
    Course Description

    This is a two unit course at level 1 which introduces basic camera skills, exposure and other technical issues in the first unit, with the second unit an introduction to lighting.

    What does the course lead to?

    On successful completion of either course you will achieve a BTEC Award qualification (Short-course Framework) at Level 1. On completion of the two units, you will then be able to continue on our level 3 programme of BTEC Units or our full time BTEC National Certificate.
    Where will I study?

    This course is at the Hortensia Centre, with a few sessions at the Wornington centre.

    What are the facilities and equipment like?

    The college has a studio with studio flash lighting (at the Hortensia Centre), a portable studio kit which includes backgrounds, a traditional wet darkroom (at the Wornington Centre) and a digital darkroom with scanners and archival printers (at the Hortensia  Centre).

    How much should I study outside class?

    Research and location shoots will all need to be done outside class time, you will need to be able to do this, although at this level, the time allocated need not be very much.

    How is the course assessed?

    Your work will be assessed during the course with a final submission at the end of the course. You will also need to select an image for the Photography End of Year Show.

    Are any course materials online?

    Handouts, briefs and additional research links are available via the student intranet.

    What books and equipment do I need?

    You need to own your own camera which can be either film or digital. It can be a compact camera or an SLR, however if you are intending to do further courses and progress to a higher level, then we would recommend that you have an SLR camera.

Other programs related to photography

This site uses cookies.
If you continue navigating, the use of cookies is deemed to be accepted.
See more  |