This course is for learners who have completed a basic and/or an intermediate Clothesmaking course who wish to advance their skills & to apply advanced procedures into their sewing
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Make clothes for yourself or others from a list which includes, TOPS, SKIRTS & TROUSERS, JACKETS & DRESSES. ALL USING ADVANCED PROCEDURES.
- Choose patterns & fabrics for your projects.
- ‘read’ a pattern, to lay & cut out fabric.
- Use advanced techniques which include making up & setting in a two piece sleeve, making up & applying a two piece collar.
- Have knowledge of a welt, double welt & patch pockets which will be demonstrated and can be applied to your garments
Classes typically have about 12-14 learners working on their own assignments. There is a weekly demonstration to introduce new procedures + catch up time twice during the course of the term
You will have the use of all equipment in the workroom which includes:- SEWING MACHINES, OVERLOCKERS, IRONS & METAL RULERS. You will have access to the learning Centre in Putney & Tooting. This includes the use of computers & books
tutor observation and feedback. Individual Learning Plans. Student and peer self assessment.
Continue onto another clothesmaking course.