This course is taught by a professional beader. You will learn a variety of intermediate and advanced beading techniques using both thread and wire, to design and make embellishments for clothing, accessories, jewellery and soft furnishings,
By the end of this course you will be able to :
- Use Intermediate & advanced bead threading techniques
- Use Intermediate & advanced bead embroidery techniques
- Use Intermediate & advanced wired beading techniques
You will also continue studying and developing good practise in :
<- How to use materials safely, and achieve a professional finish.
- The global, historical & political background of the subject.
- The principles of design & colour theory
- A study of historical & contemporary beadwork.
- Compiling a personal reference file.
You will agree a course outline for the term, and each week the lesson will consist of a group mini lecture/demo, and small group, pairs & individual practise and sample work. There is an emphasis on student research and sharing of ideas, and practise at home is encouraged, although not essential.
The teacher has a comprehensive library of worksheets and samples. You will have access to the Learning Centre at Tooting which has a good selection of beading books and magazines.
Tutor observation and feedback. Individual Learning Plans. Student and peer self assessment. Course file appraisal
Beading Level 2 next term.