This course is taught by a professional beader. You will learn a variety of beading techniques using both thread and wire, to design and make embellishments for clothing, accessories, jewellery and soft furnishings,
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- source and select beads and tools.
- use materials safely, and achieve a professional finish.
- Identify global, historical & political aspects of the subject.
- Identify he principles of design & colour theory
- Identify historical & contemporary beadwork.
- Use bead threading techniques
- Use a variety of bead embroidery techniques
- Construct wired beading for tiaras etc.
- Refer to a personal reference file.
You will agree a course outline for the term, and each week the lesson will consist of a group mini lecture/demo, and small group, pairs & individual practise and sample work. There is an emphasis on student research and sharing of ideas, and practise at home is encouraged, although not essential.
All students have access to our fully equipped, state-of-the-art Learning Centres at 3 College Centres. This includes free Internet access.
Tutor observation and feedback. Individual Learning Plans. Student and peer self assessment. Course file appraisal
Beading - Level 1