Comments about Course - Emergency First Aid at Work - At the institution - Kensington and Chelsea - Greater London
What background and qualifications do you need to join?There are no previous experience needed to join this course but the HSE expect you to be in a workplace within the three year period that the certificate is valid for.
This is a Health and Safety Executive validated course designed for individuals who intend to practise as first aiders in the workplace. In the last session of the course a final assessment will take place involving a practical and oral examination to demonstrate competence in resuscitation and treatment of haemorrhage. Candidates must be able to satisfy the examiner that they are competent to act in any given emergency at work. The certificate is renewable every three years through a revision course and examination.
What does the course lead to?
This qualification is required in the work place to comply with Health and Safety Executive (HSE) regulations, where a fully qualified first aider is required. Practical competence in administering first aid is assessed by an external examiner, who will then issue a certificate that is valid for three years.
What does the course involve?
What the course involves:
You will study how to:-
* approach an incident
* deal with an unconscious casualty
* deal with a non breathing casualty
* recognise and treat shock
* deal with various causes of hypoxia
* recognise and use the contents of a first aid kit
* treat bleeding both external and internal
* recognise and treat heart problems
* recognise and treat stroke
* recognise and treat diabetic emergencies
* recognise and treat epilepsy
* treat burns and scalds
* deal with poisoning
* deal with injuries to the skeleton
* understand Health and Safety First Aid Regulations