Comments about Decision Engineering MSc-PgDip-PgCert - At the institution - Bedford - Bedfordshire
The MSc in Decision Engineering operates in conjunction with industry and applies many industrial tools. This course aims to equip candidates with skills, capabilities and knowledge on fact-based, decision making approaches to improve organisation effectiveness using a range of industry standard ICT tools and practices to formally capture and re-use knowledge, information and data. Therefore, the course will develop leadership skills, team working skills and provide industry-led education and experiences in engineering and computer science applications through an extensive individual thesis project.
* Graduates with science, engineering, IT and business related degrees keen to enhance their careers in manufacturing or related industries * Graduates currently working in industry keen to extend their skills to enable future progression to senior management positions * Individuals with other qualifications who possess considerable relevant experience
Decision Engineering MSc/PgDip/PgCert
The key features of the part-time Decision Engineering postgraduate programme include:
* Tailored to meet industry’s increasing demand for decision engineering specialists
* Industry practitioners teach alongside Cranfield academic subject specialists
* Combines theory and practice
* Develops individual and team based learning and skills
* Excellent staff: student ratio
* Postgraduate Diploma (PgDip) and Certificate (PgCert) qualifications are also available
Increasing competition, continuing change in economic circumstances, and the arrival of sophisticated information communication technology (ICT) all greatly increase the complexity of organisations. Effective decision making is now a much greater challenge. Decision engineering focuses on organisations developing and using tools and techniques to enable informed operational and business decision-making by utilising existing organisational knowledge, information and data. It is necessary if managers within an organisation are to make effective day-to-day decisions.
Cranfield University’s MSc Decision Engineering is designed to equip candidates with skills, capabilities and knowledge on fact-based decision-making approaches to improve organisation effectiveness using a range of industry standard ICT tools and practices to formally capture and re-use knowledge, information and data.
The course comprises eight assessed modules , a dissertation and a thesis project.
The modules include lectures and tutorials, and are assessed through practical work, written examinations, case studies, essays, presentations and tests. These provide the 'tools' required for the group and individual projects
Product Life Cycle Management
Intelligent Information Systems
Knowledge Acquisition and Creation
Strategic Knowledge Management
Thesis Project and Dissertation
Thesis project: aims to allow each student to demonstrate their independent learning ability and interest in advancing their knowledge through the pursuit of independent research and/or development work in an industrially relevant area and communicate their ideas, analysis and conclusions in written and oral formats.
Dissertation project: aims to develop and assess the students abilities in data gathering, critical review of literature, analysis and writing skills.