This course will equip you with a critical understanding of regulatory change and recent legislative developments in diversity management and equality. You will benefit from international research-led teaching and prominent players in this field will provide lectures and workplace research opportunities both in the public and private sector.
Leeds University Business School is one of the most influential business schools in the UK and has received global recognition for the quality of its teaching and research. The business school is ranked amongst the top 100 business schools and 3rd in Europe for research (The Financial Times 2006).
The world-class reputation of our teaching staff means that you will have a head start in achieving your career aspirations and getting to the top. Our academic staff regularly publish in leading international journals and are involved in collaborative research networks on issues of gender and diversity at work.
The Business School is a centre of excellence for research which means you will have access to excellent facilities and will be taught in a stimulating, learning environment.
A high percentage of our students are international which means that you will be exposed to cultural diversity and make new friends from around the globe.
* This high quality, leading edge programme will provide you with specialist knowledge and skills in the management of diversity in an international business context
* You will gain critical understanding of regulatory change and developments in the UK, EU and internationally
* You will have access to in-depth analysis of relevant theoretical and empirical literature which will enable you to apply the acquired skills and knowledge to scenarios in the area of diversity
* You will benefit from a learning environment which promotes a strong focus on group work designed to enhance team-work and problem solving skills for best practice in this field
Part time: 2 Year, Full time:1 Years
Housed in state-of-the-art facilities, Leeds University Business School is ranked in the world’s top 100 business schools and has both EQUIS and AMBA accreditation. The latest Financial Times Full-Time MBA Survey (2005) ranked the quality of the school’s research as the 5th highest amongst UK business schools and 8th in Europe. Specialist areas of activity include: Accounting and Finance; Economics; International Business; Management; Marketing and Work and Employment Relations.
The school has many valuable links with business and commerce. Directors and senior managers from leading organisations advise the school, and provide placements and projects for students on our programmes. Recent participants have included Barclays Bank, British Aerospace, British Telecom, Eurotunnel, GE Capital Bank, The National Health Service Executive, PowerGen, SAP, Unisys and Wang Global. At the same time, staff have been consultants to more than 80 companies, and income from research contracts has topped £2.8 million in the last five years.
All our programmes take an international perspective and, as a result, students worldwide come to study at Leeds. We think you'll enjoy the international mix - it's a great chance to network and to make lasting international friendships.
What you study
* Diversity Management
* Gender and Equality at work in Comparative Perspective
* Research Methodology
* Dissertations project
* Human Resource Management
* Industrial Relations
* Training and Development
* Human Resource Management in the Asia Pacific
How you study
All modules incorporate taught lectures and classes. June-September is spent doing a dissertation based on a research area of choice.