Comments about Geoenvironmental Engineering (MSc) - At the institution - Cardiff - Cardiff - Cardiff - Wales
To offer knowledge and expertise for a career as a consulting geoenvironmental engineer within a multi-disciplinary professional team.
An upper second class UK Honours degree (or equivalent) from a British or recognised overseas university.
Suitable for graduates in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Earth Sciences or Biosciences, or in a related numerate scientific discipline or for candidates with suitable professional experience. Applicants with relevant professional experience are also considered.
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to pass either IELTS/TOEFL exams. Minimum requirements: IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL 600 (280 for computer-based)
Geoenvironmental Engineering (MSc)
This new course is designed to provide specialist postgraduate professional development in this emerging discipline, encompassing areas traditionally within civil engineering, earth sciences and biology.
Topics covered on the course include:
* Advanced Engineering Management
* Soil and Groundwater Chemistry
* Hydrology and Hydrogeology
* Geoenvironmental Chemistry
* Land Contamination
* Environmental Law
* Geoenvironmental Engineering Applications
* Hydroenvironmental Modelling
* Professional practice issues are integrated with the scientific and engineering foundation of the MSc through a series of short, workshop-style training courses covering practical aspects. These short courses are delivered by recognised professional practitioners in the industry.
* Innovative partnership between the Cardiff School of Engineering, the School of Earth, Ocean and Planetary Sciences and the Cardiff School of Biosciences.