Comments about Information & Communication Technology for Engineers Master in Science - Postgraduate Diploma - At the institution - Coventry - West Midlands
* To provide a course within the participants can develop a strong knowledge of the main issues of ICT. * To prepare participants for a career in industry applying ICT in an engineering environment. * To acquire the skills of self-development and self-quided study necessary for learning at higher level. * To enable the participant to complete a significant piece of work through an individual project.
You will normally be expected to hold a first degree, or equivalent, in a science or management based subject, athough applications are welcomed from mature students with relevant work experience.
Information & Communication Technology for Engineers Master in Science / Postgraduate Diploma
This is a conversion course aimed to produce graduates who can make a valuable contribution in the rapidly developing range of engineering industries implementing Information Communication Technology (ICT). The course will provide detailed knowledge of the elements and applications of ICT and its management. The course will also equip graduates with engineering and programming skills in software development.
Postgraduate engineering courses have also been developed jointly between MS Ramaiah School of Advanced Studies, Bangalore, India and Coventry University. The curriculum has been developed as per Coventry University rules and regulations and complies with QAA standards. Coventry University confers the MSc Information and Communication Technology for Engineers degree to successful candidates. MSRSAS also conducts PhD degrees with Coventry University. The research programme is in the areas of mechanical, electronics and engineering related management.Course content
The course has the following modules:
* Team Building
* Study Skills & Research Methods
* Basic Computing
* Analysis and Design for Engineering Systems
* Digital Communications
* Computer Netwroking
* Information and Communication Technology Applications
* Introduction to Programming using JAVA
* JAVA Applications for the Web and Business
* Multimedia Systems for e2 Business
* Project Management
* Software Design for Engineers
* Study Skills and Research Methods
In addition participants must satisfactorily complete an individual project