LCCA - London College of Contemporary Arts
London College of Contemporary Arts (LCCA) is a leading UK creative university. As a specialist university covering such as Fashion, Graphic Design, Art and Creative Management.
At our Central London campus, each student benefits from London’s vibrant culture, world-leading museums, galleries, design studios, and our industry links.
Our career-focused programmes helps our students get hands-on experience in their chosen industry, as well as obtaining the relevant theoretical knowledge needed to embark upon a successful career.
London College of Contemporary Arts (LCCA) is a leading UK creative university and a part of the worldwide educational institution called Global University Systems (GUS).
Scholarships are only available to students applying for an LCCA undergraduate or postgraduate programme.
Scholarships are awarded according to various criteria, including academic merit and the socio-economic status of a student. The amount awarded is at LCCA’s discretion.
“I chose LCCA for a personable hands-on experience. I prefer the small college life, and I love being in a small group of students, as no one gets overlooked. The guest speakers and networking opportunities have been the highlights. I have learned that fashion design is exactly what I want to do. From the basics of sewing to learning how to make patterns, I have been a very happy student here.”
Brittany Wolffe, BA Fashion Design.
“LCCA is modern, demanding and fun. I chose LCCA because the materials and teachers gave me a great first impression and I wasn’t disappointed. The relationship between students, teachers and the whole LCCA team is very open and friendly. The atmosphere is great and everyone wants to help us get into the industry. LCCA has helped me discover a lot about myself and my personal style.”
Mariana Custodio, BA Fashion Design.
“By supporting exhibitions and guest speaker events, LCCA does a great job. I hope students will realise how great this opportunity is and make the most of it.”
Botond Bartha, HND Photography.
“I have enjoyed getting to know my tutors and learning from them. They have been great mentors. The lectures were very good and informative. Getting to know the various techniques of drawing systems was exciting and very interesting. One of my favourite memories at LCCA was a cubism drawing session with a rotating still life.”
Joseph Richard Bagnall, Foundation In Art & Design.
“It is a great course to develop knowledge and improve skills in graphic design. Experienced tutors are always helping students achieve their study goals and unlock their creativity and potential.”
Careers & Employability
Aurel Ficiu, Graphic Design.
Our Careers department provides guidance and support for you in planning and managing your career development, enhancing employability skills and improving your career prospects.
These services are available to all LCCA students from the start of your course, throughout your studies and after graduation.
We provide you with
- Professional, confidential and objective one to one support
- Guidance on planning and managing your career
- Support in identifying potential career options as well as conducting a successful job search or work experience opportunities
- Training in key job hunting skills - CV preparation, interviewing, networking and many more
- Access to best practice career resources
- Industry guest speakers/visiting lecturers events
- Workshops and presentations on professional development.
- Access to online internships and job opportunities
- Access to online careers tools, including sector information, career planning tools, news, networking, internships and job opportunities, employers’ videos, etc.
- Ongoing support for graduates
At LCCA, we take pride in our high standard facilities, which give you a fantastic environment for creating your work. It is largely down to these facilities that you will graduate feeling well-prepared for the creative industry.
Our facilities include
- Mac studios, housing 160 Apple iMacs
- Gallery and exhibition space
- Library with over 4000 different books, journals, magazines and other study resources
- WGSN – leading online platform providing fashion and design businesses with the intelligence to drive commercially successful products and services
- Student lounge area
- Campus Wi-Fi
- Reprographics services
- 7 fashion studios
- 4 fashion workshops
- 46 industrial sewing machines
- Overlock and Embroidery sewing machines
- 3 Photography studios
- Several dedicated mac studio for digital post production
- Large format photographic printers
- Cinema room
- 3D printers
- 3D workshop
- Green Screen facilities
- Professional video recording cameras
- Software includes: Adobe Creative Suite, Autodesk MAYA and other entertainment suits, AutoCAD, Revit for gaming and 3D
- Sound Booth Studio