As the internet becomes more a part of everyday life, the demand for technical support and development is steadily rising.
Students learn how the World Wide Web works and how to develop applications for it, how to implement secure systems, and how to ensure that sites, systems and communications systems are robust.
The programme is designed to develop a detailed understanding of the internet, its systems, subsystems and communication methods, together with knowledge of the standards of industry. Students also gain skills in system specification and an understanding of a range of applications in business and commerce.
* Introduction to Computer Networking
* Programming Technologies
* Computer and Communications Engineering Applications
* Learning and Communications
* Systems Analysis and Visualisation
* Web Applications for Business
* Enterprise Network Systems
* Operating Systems and Security
* Software Engineering and Project Management
* Database Systems
Optional Sandwich Year (Work Placement)
* Individual Project
* Management and Communications
* Advanced Database Systems and Applications
* Information and Network Security Engineering