Comments about Internet Technology, MSc - At the institution - Greenwich - Greater London
Entry Requirements The normal entry requirement is a good honours degree in computer science or a related discipline. A good working knowledge of a programming language such as Java or C++ is essential
Internet Technology, MSc
An advanced programme of study involving distributed programming, software technologies and architectures for building internet-enabled enterprise systems.
The main tasks facing industry at the moment involve the development of new internet-enabled systems, the integration of legacy systems into intranets or extranets, and advanced internet publishing. There is a pressing need for people with skills in designing, building and maintaining such systems.
This programme educates graduates in the applications necessary for the deployment of distributed computing systems over the internet.
* Project and Dissertation – including a course in Research Methods
* Enterprise Programming and Architecture
* Web Engineering
* Enterprise Web Engineering
* Distributed Data Architecture and Management
* Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing
* Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery in Databases *
* e-Business Applications
* Advanced Network Technologies *
* Mobile Applications Development
* Network Security
* Network Management *
* Distributed Data Management Technology
* Computer Security and Risk Management
* Operating System and Application Server Security
* Software Engineering Management
* Enterprise Software Engineering Development
* Negotiable option; pre-requisite knowledge required. Students will be interviewed by a member of staff and may be required to take a test to ensure they have the necessary knowledge to succeed on the course.