The MSc Investment Management is designed as a specialist programme aimed at graduate students wishing to pursue a career in the expanding financial services sector.
The programme of study is designed to be more practical than that found in many traditional universities with less emphasis on the use of mathematical methods. For example, teaching makes use of the industry-standard Reuters 3000 Xtra financial database.
Career opportunities include:
* Investment management for pension funds, institutional investors and private clients.
* Securities trading in equities, bonds and derivatives.
* Private client investment advice.
* Stock broking with its associated investment advice and management.
* Investment banking, including the analysis of new share issues.
You would normally study subjects in the following areas:
* Stock market investment
* Bond markets and fixed-income securities
* Portfolio management
* Financial futures
* Financial options
* Quantitative techniques for investment management
* Financial statement analysis
* International financial markets
* Topics in investment management (eg behavioural finance, technical analysis, regulation of investments, international investing).
You would also be required to write a dissertation on a subject of your choosing.
Additional support for international students
Coventry University takes pride in the culture and richness that its international students bring to campus life. Currently over 2,000 international students from some 90 countries are pursuing programmes of study here, with a growing amount enrolling on postgraduate courses. A recent report ranked the University highly in terms of international student numbers, recognising our reputation as a leading international institution.
To meet the needs of this rapidly growing community within the University's student population, our International Office is on hand to provide assistance on all relevant matters such as visas and immigration. It also serves as an information centre to help international visitors locate the many services and activities both on campus and further afield.