Speak directly and without obligation to
Your request has been sent correctly
Would you like to receive information about these related courses?
Just one more thing ...
Some institutions ask us for this data. Please, fill them in
Language and Communication Research (MA-Diploma) - At the institution - Cardiff - Cardiff - Cardiff - Wales
Offers knowledge and expertise to prepare for research in language and communication, in professional or commercial spheres, or as a PhD researcher.
Suitable for graduates with degrees related to linguistics, language and communication.
A First or Second class UK honours degree, or equivalent is required. Applicants whose first language is not English are normally expected to have a minimum IELTS score of 7.0 overall.
Language and Communication Research (MA/Diploma)
The MA in Applied Linguistics is a full-time modular programme with taught courses over two semesters (PG Diploma or for the MA, Stage 1), followed by a supervised dissertation (for the MA, Stage 2) of between 14,000 and 20,000 words between May and September. Assessment of the taught component is by coursework only.
Students on this scheme take five modules in addition to the Foundation Module in Language and Communication Research. Compulsory modules are indicated with two asterisks:
* Foundation Module in Language and Communication Research **
* Quantitative Research Methods **
* Qualitative Research Methods **
* Research Experience **
* Applied Linguistics for language teaching
* Current issues in Sociolinguistics
* Discourse and social interaction
* Forensic Linguistics
* Language description
* Language testing and assessment
* Language Attitudes and Persuasiveness
* Issues in Language teaching
* The Centre for Language and Communication Research has a well-established reputation in a number of teaching and research areas.
* Advanced Course Recognition from the ESRC (Economic and Social Research Council) as a postgraduate research training scheme.