Suitable for both practising managers and suitably qualified recent graduates.
Takes you on to employment by a range of organisations including consultancies, manufacturing, retailing and logistics service companies, and national and international government agencies. We provide assistance to recruiters in the process of selecting potential candidates for specific employment.
You will be taught by a team with an international reputation. Cranfield is home to Europe's largest faculty specialising in logistics and supply chain management.
The full-time Logistics and Supply Chain Management MSc gives students a comprehensive and practical knowledge of logistics and supply chain management within the context of a highly stimulating, challenging and exciting learning environment.
Specifically, students gain:
* an in-depth understanding of logistics and supply chain management and their importance to contemporary businesses, including the need to manage and plan supply chains within an overall business environment in an integrated manner
* the necessary technical knowledge relating to the key components of logistics and supply chain management
* the analytical and managerial skills necessary to successfully apply this knowledge.
The main School computer studio provides access to an extensive range of specialist logistics software, supply chain business games, the internet and MSc course portals.
We regularly work with organisations to find the best way to meet their management development needs, and our hands-on consulting also keeps us in touch with real issues.
The content of the course reflects the importance of the supply chain concept and is designed to emphasise the integral nature of logistics. It includes core modules and an individual thesis project.
"I can honestly say that the results exceeded my expectations. The technical content of the course has added authority to my dealings with contractors and suppliers and has given me a range of tools to apply to particular problems. In addition, there can be no doubt that Cranfield’s reputation adds weight to the qualification."
Phil Johnson - Senior Logistics Controller, Marks & Spencer Plc
The core modules are:
* Manufacturing and Spares Management
* Quantitative Modelling
* Organisation and Project Management
* Supply Chain Process Re-design
* Freight Transport
* Business Statistics and Forecasting Warehousing
* Demand and Inventory Planning
* Procurement Management
* Logistics and the Supply Chain Concept
* Physical Network Design
* Accounting and Finance for Supply Chain Management
* Information Systems and e-Business
* International Logistics
* Approaches to Research and Thesis
To help you tailor your learning to your own specific interests you will also choose five specialist elective modules.
Individual thesis project
The thesis is your opportunity to undertake a practical and relevant individual project, which may be research- or organisation-based. It gives you the chance to explore a specific area of interest.