Speak without obligation to
Sheffield Hallam University
Your request has been sent correctly
Would you like to receive information about these related courses?
Just one more thing ...
Some institutions ask us for this data. Please, fill them in
Comments about MA-PgDip-PgCert Inclusion - At the institution - Sheffield - South Yorkshire
Entry requirements You normally need a degree or equivalent and some relevant professional experience. We also encourage non-graduates with significant professional experience in learning and teaching to apply.
We designed this course to improve your skills and knowledge of inclusion and equal opportunities issues. It is suitable for people working in, or who want to work in, areas such as autism, disability or inclusion.
You may also
• have a personal or professional interest in inclusion
• be interested in diversity issues
• have responsibility for developing organisational strategy or policy
We specialise in providing professional development that focuses on your daily role and on enabling you to bring about change.
The course explores the policy and practice of inclusion from the perspective of the whole organisation. You • evaluate your practice • develop inclusive cultures and policies • plan to improve levels of participation and achievement for all in your setting.
You study inclusion principles and perspectives which include
• values and definitions underpinning policy developments and personal understandings of inclusion
• legislation and guidance in areas such as special educational needs, disability, and cultural diversity
• the contribution of research and theory to professional practice
• national, regional and in-setting approaches to auditing and evaluating inclusion
• exploring the educational and organisational problems associated with inclusion
• rethinking your organisation inclusively
• working in partnership with other agencies and sectors
You also study inclusive practice, which covers
• creating inclusive learning and workplace environments
• interpreting and implementing legislation and guidance
• overcoming barriers to learning
• achievement, underachievement and progression in education and employment
• planning for transitions, access and personalised learning
• team working
• increasing participation in learning organisations
This course improves your skills and knowledge of inclusion and equal opportunities issues. It enables you to develop inclusion practice and policy in your workplace.
It can help develop your career potential and seek roles of greater responsibility or enable you to gain employment in this area.
• inclusive practice • inclusion: principles and perspectives • disability: language, history, politics and people • celebrating difference in a disabling world • multiprofessional services: policy and partnership • developing working practices in multiprofessional teams • reflecting on professional learning • professional learning in the workplace • enquiring practitioner