Master in IT Management.
Key information at a glance
- Next start of studies: Bad Honnef: March / September
- Accreditation: FIBAA accredited
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Language of instruction: 100% English
Be a driving force in the global arena
Information is the most important asset for companies. But who decides which information is valuable? How do you get the most out of the information? And which technologies can be used effectively? Specialists in IT management answer these kinds of questions.
During your studies, you will work on the development and management of IT infrastructure, creating concepts for international project management and the implementation of IT services for internal stakeholders and customers. You also learn the basics of software engineering and deepen your knowledge of IT compliance and data protection requirements.
Facts about the degree programme
- Degree: Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Study model: on Campus
- Campus: Bad Honnef
- Programme duration: 2 semesters
- Admission: Bachelor’s degree, placement test if necessary, proof of English language skills
- Non-Business Graduates: International Management for career changers
What you will learn from us:
The IT Management Master’s degree programme prepares you optimally for a career at the interface between management and technology:
How does the course of studies work
- You gain insights into IT governance and information security concepts.
- You learn about the art of deriving IT strategies from existing business processes.
- You examine how key IT services are implemented across different people, departments, processes, and technologies.
- You develop methods for the conceptual design of high-quality software.
- And you receive training in management of projects according to international standards.
For our two-semester Master's programme you need a Bachelor's degree with 240 ECTS. If you already have professional experience or take our TASC placement test, a Bachelor's degree with 210 ECTS may be sufficient.
Where you will be studying
You can pursue our International IT Management Master’s degree at our German campus in Bad Honnef.
Study IT Management as a Major
When you major in IT Management in the International Management Master programme (4 semesters, 120 ECTS), you will deepen your professional skills and your knowledge in the area of General Management.
Studying at the IUBH supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to become part of our university.
Aptitude Test TASC
- Bachelor's degree in economics (240 ECTS) or
- Bachelor's degree in economics (210 ECTS) + relevant work experience (30 ECTS) or
- Bachelor degree from other fields (210 ECTS) + Path2Master (30 ECTS) or
- Bachelor degree from other fields (210 ECTS) + TASC
- Final grade of at least "Satisfactory" (3.0)
- Language skills: English, academic IELTS 6.0/ TOEFL IBT 80 points/ PTE 56 points (51 points in each range)
The TASC examination is used to determine if you have the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully pursue the IUBH degree programme to which you are applying. Preparatory study materials are available on our CLIX learning platform to all candidates who will be taking the test. The materials include further literature references and detailed instructions that make it possible to work, for the most part, independently in preparation for taking the test.
What are my prospects?
As an IT manager, you are among the most sought after professionals in industry, the public sector and government organisations. After graduation, for example, you can work as a ...
- IT Project Manager
- Scrum Master
- HR Specialist Tech Recruiting
Your career? International!
Whether it is at a global medium-sized company or at a multinational corporation abroad – the IUBH prepares you well for the global job market. The numbers speak for themselves: 3 out of 4 of our graduates work in an international environment, and every third person works abroad.
Ideal learning environment
For most people who come to us, beginning university means the start of a new phase in their lives. This is why we attach such great importance to the learning atmosphere:
- small (personal) class sizes
- modern seminar rooms and professional technology
- cafés and restaurants directly on the campus (in Bad Honnef)
- comfortable university halls of residence (in Bad Honnef)
- wide range of leisure activities thanks to sports teams and societies organised by the students themselves