Comments about Master in Science in Industrial Enterprise Management - At the institution - Birmingham - West Midlands
Minimum of a good Honours Degree. Two years experience in an appropriate engineering post will be an advantage. Overseas applicants will also need to demonstrate English language ability (eg. IELTS 6.5, TOEFL score of 600 or equivalent).
Master in Science in Industrial Enterprise Management
* To provide knowledge and understanding of the principles underlying the strategic management of businesses
* To enable the student to use the techniques required for the analysis of strategic issues
* Designed for graduate engineers and managers.
* Accredited by the Chartered Management Institute
Outline of programme
The programme requires the student to undertake 10 taught modules and to complete a major project of approximately 15,000 words. Each taught module involves 22 teaching hours as well as tutorials, seminars and project classes. The course will run from October to September with the examinations/assessments held in December and March/April. The project will occupy the final six months. The core modules are:
* Strategic Management
* Strategic Finance
* Project Management
* Management of Change
* Entrepreneurial Studies
* Supply Chain Management
* Quantitative Methods
* Group Project.
Two electives are chosen from:
* Lean and Agile Manufacturing
* Product Introduction Processes
* Human Resource Management
* Risk Assessment Methodologies
* Strategic Marketing*
* Quality Management*
*Subject to formal approval
Assessment methods are chosen in relation to the particular requirements of a module. These modules vary from 100% examination to 100% continuous assessment. Currently the balance for the taught element is approximately 65% examination and 35% continuous assessment. The major project accounts for 80 of 180 credits required for successful completion of the degree.
This programme is suitable for candiates seeking a career in Engineering and Manufacturing sectors, particularly those who aspire to senior management levels.