Speak without obligation to
University of Strathclyde, Business School
Your request has been sent correctly
Would you like to receive information about these related courses?
Just one more thing ...
Some institutions ask us for this data. Please, fill them in
Comments about MLitt Literary Journalism - At the institution - Glasgow - Scotland
MLitt Literary Journalism
The MLitt in Literary Journalism is the first in the UK to offer the study of journalism as a literary form. Classes explore journalism through its Hollywood portrayal, and allow students to view the upheavals of the 20th century by means of the landmark texts of literary journalism produced by Ernest Hemingway and others. This is a course that focuses on the literary development of journalism and its interrelation with other media and cultural forms.
Literary Journalism course will enable students with first degrees in literature, media and cultural studies, or related areas to develop interests at a more advanced and specialized level, and to redirect their study in a new direction.
Students have to take two classes from the following list:
* Journalism and Cultural Politics
* Journalists in Film & Literature
* The Literature of Journalism
Students take an additional two classes from the following list:
* Investigative Journalism: History and Theory
* Investigative Journalism: Project
* Manufacture of Consent
* Investigative Research
* The Discovery of Scotland: The Sublime and the Picturesque
* Visions of Suburbia: Interdisciplinary Representations, 1850-2000
* Uncanny Places: The Victorian Occult
* Contemporary Scottish Cultural Studies
* British Places: Literature 1880-1950
* Post-Colonial Canadian Literature