Comments about MSc Central Banking - At the institution - Glasgow - Scotland
MSc Central Banking
MSc: 12 months full-time; 24 months part-time
PgDip: 9 months full-time; 18 months part-time
This programme focuses on the central bank. It aims to analyse functions and operations of central banks beyond the conduct of monetary and exchange rate policy to consider also their developmental role Ð which is particularly important in developing and emerging market economies Ð and their roles with respect to financial stability. This programme intends to meet specifically the needs of applicants working or aiming to work in central banks, as opposed to commercial banks or other financial institutions.
You will take three core courses
* Monetary policy and the role of central banks
* Financial institutions and markets in developing countries
* Financial sector stability and growth.
Plus three options and a dissertation. The list of options includes:
* International macroeconomics and policy
* International finance and money
* Economics of finance
* Modern theory of banking and finance
* Money, finance and growth
* Basic econometrics
* Advanced econometrics
* Other MSc options subject to approval.