Speak directly and without obligation to
University of Glasgow
Your request has been sent correctly
Would you like to receive information about these related courses?
Just one more thing ...
Some institutions ask us for this data. Please, fill them in
MSc Economics, Banking & Finance - At the institution - Glasgow - Scotland
This programme is aimed at policymakers in government ministries and central banks in developing countries; postgraduate students who are interested in issues of particular concern to developing countries; and those who work in financial institutions and government organisations involved in decision-making. In particular these graduates should be able to provide economic analysis of financial and banking issues.
MSc Economics, Banking & Finance
You take four core courses
* International macroeconomics and policy
* Money, finance and growth
* Modern theory of banking and finance
* Monetary policy and the role of central banks.
Plus two options and a dissertation. The list of options includes:
* IMF, World Bank and economic growth
* Financial institutions and markets in developing countries
* International finance and money
* Basic econometrics
* Advanced econometrics
* International trade
* Globalisation, trade and economic development
* China in the international economy
* Banking history
* Economic history of East Asia and Japan since 1945
* Financial sector stability and growth
* Other MSc options subject to approval.