Speak without obligation to
Sheffield Hallam University
Your request has been sent correctly
Would you like to receive information about these related courses?
Just one more thing ...
Some institutions ask us for this data. Please, fill them in
Comments about MSc-PgDip-PgCert Clinical Education - At the institution - Sheffield - South Yorkshire
We designed this course for healthcare professionals involved in a teaching or training role who want to develop their skills and expertise in clinical and education practice. These include • dental and medical consultants • specialist registrars • dental and medical GPs.
MSc/PgDip/PgCert Clinical Education
It gives you the teaching skills needed to support and assess learners in clinical practice.
This course is made up of supported and on-line learning and teaching strategies backed by a knowledgeable and committed course team.
On the course you
• develop supportive teaching and learning skills in various clinical settings
• draw on current work-based teaching and learning to strengthen links between clinical practice and education
We encourage you to evaluate learning and teaching strategies and develop your personal teaching style, in line with your educational and specialist clinical expertise.
You design and develop learning packages that have an evidence-based approach. You also examine your own effectiveness in practice.
Observed teaching practice is available where you teach small groups of students at the University. This helps inform your teaching practice and identify your personal strengths and weaknesses. You also develop ongoing action plans to address these issues.
The course is interprofessional so you study alongside other professionals in some of the modules.
This course helps your career path in education and clinical practice. The ability to facilitate learning in others is an essential part of professional practice in modern healthcare settings.
• work based learning module related to your education practice and development
• theoretical module exploring education theory and how this influences your education practice
• study and develop your on-line skills and design your own materials for on-line delivery
• explore the value of action research and service evaluation
• develop assessment or critical evaluation skills
• dissertation of your own choice of methodology with the support of an academic tutor
You must have a
• health-related professional qualification and experience in working alongside students.
• good pass in a relevant first degree or equivalent.
Minimum IELTS score