Speak without obligation to
Sheffield Hallam University
Your request has been sent correctly
Would you like to receive information about these related courses?
Just one more thing ...
Some institutions ask us for this data. Please, fill them in
Comments about MSc-PgDip-PgCert Networking Technologies and Management - Online
Entry requirements Considerable knowledge and skills in the practical application of network technologies. A good first degree, although we do consider applicants without a first degree based on their work experience and any other formal and professional qualifications they hold
MSc/PgDip/PgCert Networking Technologies and Management
This course is for technically competent professionals working in the networking and/or distributed systems field, in industry, commerce or the public sector. It is for those who wish to study for a higher academic qualification and enhance their career prospects.
It provides the opportunity for you to
• broaden and deepen your specialist networking expertise
• enhance and develop your professional, management and business skills
Designed for working professionals, the course incorporates
• flexible delivery. You study some modules at a distance while others incorporate a residential workshop where we expect you to attend the University (usually 4-5 days).
• a choice of modules, which allows you to study those you feel are most appropriate and relevant. We provide a schedule each year from which you select the modules you want to study.
• assessments strongly related to your work environment. This provides additional benefits to you and your employers.
This course develops your existing specialist networking expertise whilst enhancing your professional, management and business skills.
We expect you to be already working in the field of networking.
This course will enhance your career potential by equipping you with the necessary professional, management and technical skills to take on major roles of responsibility in your organisation.
Successful students gain a thorough understanding of networking technologies and principles and strategic insight into the exploitation of these technologies for business benefit.
You study the core module called applied learning and study skills. This builds on your previous skills and experiences and prepares you for study at masters level.
We group the remaining modules into three different strands and you choose options from each of these strands. You must study at least two modules from the networking strand and two modules from the management strand. The other three modules may be chosen from any of the strands.
• change management and systems implementation • commercial e-business concepts • innovating with technology • IT infrastructure decisions • strategic management • strategies, structures and systems
• online databases • principles and practice of web systems • IT principles and practice • specifying systems
In the final stage of the course you take a supervised research project resulting in a dissertation. Alongside this you study a core module in research principles and practice to support your research work.