Comments about Practical Theology (MTh) - At the institution - Cardiff - Cardiff - Cardiff - Wales
To offer knowledge and expertise for further research and/or a role in higher education, ordained ministry, chaplaincy and allied professions, particularly caring and educational professions.
The course is suitable for graduates in Theology and Religious Studies, lay and ordained ministers of religion, members of some professional groups, e.g. nursing, medicine.
Applicants should possess a First or Second class UK Honours degree, or equivalent.
Practical Theology (MTh)
Part 1 consists of a skills module and two optional modules which are flexible, with variability of content from year to year.
Current options include:
* Practical Theology 1
* Practical Theology 2
* Christian Doctrine
* Christian Ethics: Pastoral Theology
* Social and World Issues
* Spirituality and Pastoral Practice
* Theology of Mission
Assessment is via written assignments of approximately 5,000 words.
Part 2 consists of a dissertation of approximately 16,000 words on a topic of the student’s choice, to be submitted at the beginning of September.
* Facilitates a flexible programme of study geared towards the individual student.
* Draws on internationally-recognised expertise in Christianity which is sensitive to current issues in the public eye.
* Small student-focussed tutorials rather than formal lectures.
* Provides a subject-specific introduction to postgraduate study skills.
* Enables professional development needs for reflective learning.