Speak directly and without obligation to
Your request has been sent correctly
Would you like to receive information about these related courses?
Just one more thing ...
Some institutions ask us for this data. Please, fill them in
Religious Studies: Asian Religions (MA) - At the institution - Cardiff - Cardiff - Cardiff - Wales
To offer knowledge and expertise for further research and/or a role in higher education, RE teaching, or a range of allied professions valuing a humanities postgraduate degree.
The course is suitable for graduates in Religious Studies and a wide variety of Humanities and Social Science disciplines.
Applicants should possess a First or Second Class UK Honours degree, or equivalent.
Religious Studies: Asian Religions (MA)
Part 1 consists of a skills module and two optional modules which are flexible in order to permit the variability of content from year to year.
Current options include:
* Aspects of the Mahabharata
* Pali Language and Literature
* Sanskrit Religious Texts
* South Asian Religion and Performance
* Chinese Pilgrims’ Accounts of Indian Buddhism
Supporting languages are also available: Pali, Sanskrit and Chinese.
Assessment is via written assignments of approximately 5,000 words.
Part 2 consists of a dissertation of approximately 16,000 words on a topic of the student’s choice, to be submitted at the beginning of September.
* Draws on internationally-recognised expertise in Indic religions.
* A flexible programme of study geared towards the individual student.
* Small student-focused tutorials rather than formal lectures.
* Provides a subject-specific introduction to postgraduate study skills.