Speak directly and without obligation to
Your request has been sent correctly
Would you like to receive information about these related courses?
Just one more thing ...
Some institutions ask us for this data. Please, fill them in
Renewable Energy Engineering MSc-Diploma-Certificate - At the institution - Edinburgh - Scotland
Entry Requirements A first or second class honours degree in a suitable subject with a numerate background. Equivalent overseas qualifications will also be considered. Applicants for whom English is not their first language and who do not already hold a degree in which the teaching was in English must satisfy the university minimum requirements for competence in English. These are: TOEFL 213 points (550 points on the old scale); IELTS at grade 6.5, or; Cambridge Proficiency Certificate of English grade C.
Renewable Energy Engineering MSc/Diploma/Certificate
One year (MSc), 9 months (Diploma)
This course will provide an advanced MSc course in the rapidly expanding area of renewable energy engineering. The course is aimed at students wishing to develop critical understanding of the significant changes afoot in the energy system due to the development and integration of wind, marine, biomass and solar technologies. The course will provide graduates of a calibre capable of developing and implementing creative solutions to the problems encountered in renewable energy capture, conversion, storage and management.
This course is concerned with the concepts, applications, design, development and deployment of renewable energy converters, and energy storage and demand management systems. The aims are to enable the students to:
* develop detailed knowledge and critical understanding of the core skills in renewable energy resources, converters and systems.
* develop and use a significant range of principal and specialist skills, techniques and practices in renewable energy * be able to apply this knowledge directly to complex applications,
* critically review existing practice and develop original and creative solutions to problems within the domain,
* communicate and work effectively with peers and academic staff in a variety of tasks, demonstrating appropriate levels of autonomy and responsibility, and
* plan and execute a significant project of research, investigation or development in a specialist area within the renewable energy arena, demonstrating extensive, detailed and critical understanding of that specialism.
* Foundations of Energy
* Economics of Renewable Energy * Renewable Energy Technologies
* Advanced Renewable Energy Engineering
* Environmental Impact Assessment
* Demand Management and Energy Storage
* Critical Analysis and Research Preparation
* Masters Dissertation
* Electrical Power Systems
* Heat Transfers and Heat Exchangers
* Computational Fluid Dynamics with Heat Transfer