Comments about Structural Engineering (MSc) - At the institution - Cardiff - Cardiff - Cardiff - Wales
Offers knowledge and expertise for a career as a consulting water engineer within this specialist professional area of civil engineering.
Suitable for graduates in Civil or Structural Engineering, or a related discipline or for candidates with suitable professional experience.
An upper 2nd class UK Honours degree (or equivalent) from a British or recognised overseas university is usually required. Applicants with relevant professional experience are also considered.
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to pass either IELTS/TOEFL exams. Minimum requirements: IELTS score of 6.5, or TOEFL score of 600 (250 computer-based).
Structural Engineering (MSc)
This course is designed to provide specialist postgraduate professional development across the areas of steel, concrete and timber design, structural dynamics, and structural mechanics.
Topics covered on the course include:
* Design of Steel and Timber Structures
* Advanced Structural Mechanics
* Advanced Concrete Materials and Structures
* Engineering Geology
* Environmental Building Studies
* Numerical Techniques in Engineering
* Dynamics and Structures
* Structural Engineering
* Theoretical Soil Mechanics
* Management in Industry
* Engineering Case Study
* Tensile Structures
* The employment record of graduates is excellent, with the majority of graduates joining engineering consultancies.