Comments about Sustainable Process Management MSc-Diploma-Certificate - At the institution - Edinburgh - Scotland
Entry Requirements A First or Second Class Honours Degree or equivalent professional experience, from a British or overseas university; applicants with lesser qualifications may be admitted to the Diploma.
Sustainable Process Management MSc/Diploma/Certificate
One year (MSc) or 9 months (Diploma). May also be available part-time over 2 years.
Sustainable development is fast becoming the central issue in applied environmental management. Sustainability is first and foremost the property of a processing pathway. When suitable sustainability criteria are defined, reflecting the nature of the problem, technology, environmental management systems, life cycle assessment, impact assessment and environmental economics become the management tools which business can deploy to implement an overall strategy of moving towards sustainable process operations.
Business is seeking a practical framework to meet the challenge of achieving sustainable processing. This course aims to provide that framework by:
* providing an overview of methodology and management tools that could be used to narrow the 'sustainable gap'
* providing an overview of chemical engineering technology applicable to sustainable processing
* developing an overall awareness of the real causes of environmental degradation
* developing the awareness of the relevant scientific and engineering principles fundamental to the understanding of the problem and solution to this environmental degradation.
The Masters Degree course consists of nine modules and a Dissertation. The intensive 30 hour modular system can cater for professional staff wishing to be released from their organisations. Project work for the dissertation should normally be completed within the final five months. Applicants not holding a First or Second Class Honours Degree may be admitted to the nine month Diploma and on satisfactory performance transfer to the MSc.
* Foundation Engineering
* Environmental Foundation Science
* Economics of Renewable Energy
* Environmental Impact Assessment
* Process Intensification
* Renewable Energy Technology
* Sustainable Processing
* Environmental Policy, Legislation and EMS
* Research Methods amd Project Planning
* Disseration (MSc only)