Speak directly and without obligation to
Your request has been sent correctly
Would you like to receive information about these related courses?
Just one more thing ...
Some institutions ask us for this data. Please, fill them in
Urban and Regional Change Master in Science degree by Research - At the institution - Coventry - West Midlands
* provide students with a substantive knowledge and understanding of a variety of methods, techniques and approaches to support advanced-level research in the social sciences * allow and encourage students to obtain a higher qualification by pursuing a sustained programme of original research into a chosen aspect of cities and/or regions * develop a range of professional competences and personal transferable skills that will enable students to pursue a variety of employment opportunities within the broad field of urban and regional change * draw on existing strengths of staff at Coventry University, to develop a cross-discipline programme attractive to students with a wide range of aptitudes and interests
Urban and Regional Change Master in Science degree by Research
Cities and regions in the advanced western world are changing rapidly in a host of ways, albeit differently to those in the developing world: economic, social, cultural, political and environmental. This course is designed to equip students with the advanced level research skills required to support a substantive piece of original research into a chosen aspect of urban and regional change.
Reasons to choose Urban and Regional ChangeMSc degree by Research
Coventry University has a long history of working in the field of regeneration, and a national and international reputation for teaching and research excellence in the field. Our expertise is grounded in academic, policy and practitioner approaches to the regeneration of cities and regions.
We work closely with national stakeholders to:
* Advance ideas and key debates
* Lead research and academic inquiry
* Develop policy
* Advise on area-based policies or strategies
* Provide new and continuing skills for practitioners
The course is supported by a team of more than 20 dedicated regeneration specialists, and benefits from the resources of the nationally recognised Centre in Sustainable Regeneration.
This is a Masters by Research course with a marked emphasis on students learning through a sustained piece of research. As such, it will appeal to students contemplating an academic career or research-oriented learning, providing a manageable but stimulating introduction to the world of advanced level research into a highly topical subject area. The course will appeal to those currently employed or seeking employment with a wide range of public/private sector agencies concerned with the development and management of cities and regions. Interest may also come from overseas students keen to develop skills and/or undertake research from a nationally recognised university.
Enrolled students will be expected to take two taught modules (in term 1):
* Research Methodology and Training
* Sustainable Regeneration
Students will be assigned a supervisor, with specialist skills in your field, to guide your research project. Potential research projects relevant to the course include:
* The role of post-industrial cities
* The history of urban economies
* Urban governance
* Inter-regional governance and cooperation
* Place marketing
* Investment in the public realm
* The ascent of 24-hour cities
* Sustainable cities
* The ascent of city-regions
* Regional Economic Strategies