Comments about Alternative Energy Technology - Course - At the institution - London - Greater London
Learning Objectives: -
• Consider the advantages and disadvantages of the different alternative energy systems
• Demonstrate a knowledge of the operation of a wide range of electronic components and circuits and their applications in Alternative Energy Systems
• Become competent in the correct use of electronic test and measurement equipment such as Analogue and Digital Multimeters
• Build a simple photovoltaic to electric system
• Build a simple wind to electric system
• Effectively connect up, test and fault-find system elements
Course Content: -
• Alternative Energy: – Introduction, terminology, types and applications.
• Using technology to reduce CO2 emissions and energy costs.
• Advantages and disadvantages of the various types of alternative energy including Solar Thermal Energy, Hydro Energy, Biomass Energy, Geothermal Heating.
• Sustainability Issues, Health & Safety and Environmental precautions.
• Introduction to Electronics: - Electric Current, OHMS Law, Insulation, Conduction, Kilowatt hours, and related power calculations and formulae. Fuses and trip switches. Wiring techniques. Practical uses of commonly used components e.g. diodes, relays, transformers.
• Test and measurement equipment such as Analogue and Digital Multimeters, Battery Test Meters.
• Inverters: - types, uses, ratings, calculations, connections.
• Calculating loads and selecting battery ampere hour capacity.
• Construct, test and fault find a Wind energy harnessing system.
• Construct, test and fault find a Solar energy harnessing system.
• Determine using online data sources the effective performance of systems at different global locations and seasonal variations.
• Sustainable and Energy Efficient Building Design.
• Relevant standards and issues, Changing technology and keeping updated.
Please Note: - A large percentage of the course timetable is allocated to building, setting-up, testing and trouble-shooting faults using core elements of Alternative Energy Systems. At the end of the course an interested and hardworking participant will have a foundation knowledge of what practical alternative energy is all about. Each module of the training program is backed-up by practical exercises, demonstrations and course materials. These training methods give the participant a greater grasp of the practical aspects aspects of the industry and provides them with the “Hands- On” experience and confidence which are so essential for success.
Practical “Hands-On” experience: - 50% approx
Other programs related to Environmental Education