Speak directly and without obligation to
University of Greenwich
Your request has been sent correctly
Would you like to receive information about these related courses?
Just one more thing ...
Some institutions ask us for this data. Please, fill them in
Architecture (ARB-RIBA Part 2 Exemption), Dip - At the institution - Greenwich - Greater London
The programme is for graduates with ARB Part 1 who wish to gain exemption from ARB/RIBA Part 2. The part-time programme is intended for students working in an architectural practice and requires attendance just one day a week over three years. During the programme students may change from full-time to part-time or vice versa by arrangement with the School.
Architecture (ARB/RIBA Part 2 Exemption), Dip
The diploma programme balances academic and practice concerns; it concentrates on the skills needed to design well, build securely and communicate design ideas. The main discipline is architectural design informed by more advanced study in the school’s strong subjects of urban design, landscape and contextual studies.
Coursework is structured sequentially, starting with research and the analysis of an urban area and building upon the knowledge obtained to introduce meaningful buildings and urban spaces into the fabric of cities and landscapes.
The first year is introductory and experimental, with the work varying from urban design and theory to 1:1 technology fabrication. The second year is about developing and synthesising the thesis design in preparation for the student's entry into the next stage of their professional career. Students choose an atelier or design group in which to undertake their design work, each group having a different emphasis on landscape, technology, and culture. The part-time students develop their thesis design over two years and both part-time and full-time students undertake their dissertation or Thesis Design Research in their final year.
* Urban and Landscape Contextual Studies (theory course)
* Influences, Theories and Techniques (theory course)
* Urban Development Project (design projects)
* Urban Design Project (design projects)
* Design and Detail (design and integrated technology)
* Architectural Professional Studies
* Thesis Design Research (written paper)
* Integrated Thesis Design (design projects and integrated technology)
* Thesis Design Synthesis (linked to Integrated Thesis Design, this is a reflective portfolio presentation and synthesis)