Speak directly and without obligation to
London Metropolitan University
Your request has been sent correctly
Would you like to receive information about these related courses?
Just one more thing ...
Some institutions ask us for this data. Please, fill them in
BA Creative Writing - At the institution - London - Greater London
We aim to refine the skills of those who want to develop as creative writers in the context of creative reading. The course will enable you to identify, critically appreciate and write within the three core fictional genres of poetry, drama and prose fiction, as well as exploring other forms of writing. The course also allows you to experience writing in a range of sub-genres such as feature journalism, childrens writing and scriptwriting.
You should normally have 200 points from at least two A-levels. You are also expected to have a commitment to your own creative writing: you may be asked to submit samples of your creative work as part of the admissions process. In the case of non-traditional or mature entry, you may also be interviewed.
BA Creative Writing
Single Honours students study eight modules per level. Joint Honours involves four modules from each level in Creative Writing, plus four from your other subject.
* Language and Genre: Prose
* Language and Genre: Poetry and Drama
* Approaches to Writing
* Poetic Forms and Genres
* Reading Poetry
* Reading 19th Century Fiction
* Reading 20th Century Fiction
* Editing Process
* Poetry and Form
* Prose Fiction
* Colonial North America: Literature and Culture
* Introduction to Postcolonial Literatures
* Literature and History I: Renaissance Literature
* Perspectives on Shakespeare
* Romantic Poetry
* A final Honours project involving an extended piece of creative work
* Place and Writing
* Screen Writing
* Childrens Writing
* Science Fiction
* Contemporary English Novel