Speak without obligation to
London Metropolitan University
Your request has been sent correctly
Would you like to receive information about these related courses?
Just one more thing ...
Some institutions ask us for this data. Please, fill them in
Comments about BA English Literature - At the institution - London - Greater London
This course explores the principal genres and forms of literature in English, including Renaissance literature, 19th century literature, science fiction and contemporary literature, with opportunities to specialise. The course also has major modules in American literature and postcolonial literatures, allowing for a focused study in these areas within the context of English literature as a whole.
You should have 200 points from at least two A-levels, or have successfully completed an appropriate Access Course. These requirements may be varied in individual cases. Mature students with previous relevant experience are encouraged to apply entry is through an interview and admissions test.
BA English Literature
Single Honours students take eight modules at each of three levels. Joint Honours involves four modules from each level in English Literature, plus four from your other subject.
* Reading 19th Century Fiction
* Reading Poetry
* Reading 20th Century Fiction
* Theories of the Text
* Poetic Forms and Genres
* Introduction to Theatre and Drama
* Ways of Reading
* Literary Criticism: History and Context
* Literature and History I: Renaissance Literature
* Literature and History II: Modernism and Modernity
* Colonial North America: Literature and Culture
* Perspectives on Shakespeare
* Modern British Poetry 1890-1945
* Contemporary English Novel
* US Fiction since 1950
* Jacobean and Caroline Tragedy
* 19th Century US Literature and Culture
* Modernism and the City: US Literature and Culture 1900-1940
* Religion in Medieval and Renaissance Poetry
* Contemporary British Drama
* Caribbean Oral Traditions
* Latin American Literature
* Science Fiction