Speak without obligation to
London Metropolitan University
Your request has been sent correctly
Would you like to receive information about these related courses?
Just one more thing ...
Some institutions ask us for this data. Please, fill them in
Comments about BA Media Studies and Public Relations - At the institution - London - Greater London
This Joint Honours programme is designed for students who want to work in the area of media relations and public relations. The course gives you a strong academic background in marketing, PR and business, and enables you to apply this knowledge to the growing world of public and media relations. London is a world centre for media and public affairs so this course benefits from being located in the heart of the growing media industry.
You should have at least 200 points, including two or more A-levels. English Language GCSE at grade C or above (or equivalent) is also required. These requirements may be varied in individual case.
BA Media Studies and Public Relations
You take seven modules at each level in Media Studies and four in Public Relations. You may also choose a Major/Minor after Level 1.
* Trends in Contemporary Society
* Introduction to Marketing
* Introduction to Public Relations
* History of the Mass Media
* Business in its Environment
* Media Culture and Society
* Public Relations Theory and Practice
* Media Audiences
* Political Economy of the Media
* Communications and Technology
* Media, Culture and Modernity
* Media Relations
* Theorising Contemporary Culture
* Corporate Communications
* Public Relations Strategy
* Globalisation and the Mass Media
* Two options from Media Studies and PR