Speak without obligation to
London Metropolitan University
Your request has been sent correctly
Would you like to receive information about these related courses?
Just one more thing ...
Some institutions ask us for this data. Please, fill them in
Comments about BSc Mass Communications - At the institution - London - Greater London
The growth of mass communications is inextricably linked with the development of the modern world. Developments in media technology have had a major impact, and an understanding of these powerful forces is vital to our understanding of the political and cultural world today. This course examines the political, technological and economic dynamics of the contemporary multicultural international communications sector.
You should have at least 200 points, including two or more A-levels. English Language GCSE at grade C or above (or equivalent) is also required. These requirements may be varied in individual cases.
BSc Mass Communications
Joint Honours involves four modules from each level in Mass Communications, plus four from your other subject.
* History of Mass Media
* Trends in Contemporary Society
* Information and Social Exclusion
* Media, Culture and Society
* Comparative International Communications
* Issues and Analysis in European Communications
* Researching Communications and Culture
* Web Design
* Analysing Popular Music
* Desktop Publishing and Design
* Dissertation (double module)
* World Cinema beyond Hollywood
* Globalisation and the Media
* Principles of Production for Video Programme Making