This Joint Honours subject gives you a broad choice of statistics modules that can be combined with a wide range of other degree subjects, giving you many different career options. We train you in commercial software, such as SAS, SPSS, EXCEL, WITNESS and R, and you learn how to apply key statistical techniques to analyse real data sets. There is considerable interest from employers in graduates who can analyse and interpret large data sets a feature of modern-day business practice.
You should have GCSE English and Mathematics at grade C or above (or equivalent), plus one of the following: at least 120 points from two or more A-levels, one of which must be a numerate science or engineering subject - A pass in BTEC National Diploma in Science, Engineering or relevant subject area with at least three merits in the final year, excluding common skills.
Joint Honours involves four modules from each level in Statistics, plus four from your other subject. You may also choose a Major/Minor combination after level 1.
* Mathematical Techniques I
* Introduction to Data Analysis
* Skills and Culture of Mathematics
* Spreadsheets for Decision-making
* IT Applications
* Mathematical Techniques II
* Foundations of Statistics
* Statistical Modelling
* Survey Methods
* Data Mining
* Operational Research (OR)
* Medical and Forensic Statistics
* Analysis of Count Data
* Optimisation, Advanced OR Techniques
* Modern Regression Techniques
* Case Study