Comments about Civil Engineering (Distance Learning) MSc-Diploma-Certificate - Online
Entry Requirements For MSc level entry, students must hold: · A good (minimum 2:1) honours degree in a relevant discipline And/or · Full membership of a relevant professional institution And/or · Equivalent UK/overseas qualifications which may be considered on an individual basis · Students admitted onto the Diploma course who perform well may be allowed to transfer to the MSc course
Civil Engineering (Distance Learning) MSc/Diploma/Certificate
This course operates in distacne learning mode. Students can choose to complete the course in between two and six years, depending on the number of modules studied in each academic year. This enables the student to continue to work in professional emplyment whilst advancing their career skills and knowledge base.
Students on the MSc programme will undertake eight taught modules, plus a research dissertation. Those students who take the Diploma must also complete eight modules, plus a project. Students may also opt to take five modules and graudate with a Postgraduate Certificate. Each taught module requires approximately 120 hours of effort.
The course has one mandatory module - Research Methods - which all MSC students must undertake. Students must also choose:
* One module from: Structural Analysis; Dynamics of Structures; or Structural Safety and Reliability.
* Either: Topics in Environmental Geotechnics or Foundation Engineering
* Either: Urban Drainage Design and Analysis or Environmental Hydrology and Water Resources.
In addition, students must choose any four from the following list:
* Structural Analysis
* Dynamics of Structures
* Foundation Engineering
* Transport Systems
* Urban Drainage Design and Analysis
* Sustainability and Civil Engineering
* Structural Safety and Reliaiblity
* Topics in Environmental Geotechnics
* Project Management: Strategic Issues
* Project Management: Thoery and Practice
* Environmental Hydrology and Water Resources