Comments about Computer Systems Management MSc-Diploma - At the institution - Edinburgh - Scotland
The aim of this course is to impart the skills and understanding required to manage complex computer systems as part of the support services of an organisation. This will include selection, installation, maintenance and support of a wide range of computing technologies and an understanding of currently recommended computing technologies.
Entry Requirements Admission requires a 1st or 2nd class honours degree or its equivalent with a strong IT component. Candidates holding less than a good honours degree or its equivalent but with compensating qualifications or experience may be admitted to the Postgraduate Diploma course. Transfer to the MSc will be possible later on if exam and course work are at MSc level.
Computer Systems Management MSc/Diploma
This full-time course starts in mid September and lasts one year. However, the course can also be taken part time or as a 9 month postgraduate diploma.
* Operating Systems and Concurrency
* Systems Management and Security
* Systems Programming and Scripting
* Computer Systems Technologies
* Databases and Information Systems
* e-Commerce Technology
* Information Systems Methodologies
* Management Studies for Scientists & Engineers
* Network Applications
* Software Engineering Foundations