Would you like to receive information about these related courses?
Just one more thing ...
Some institutions ask us for this data. Please, fill them in
Comments about Conflict Management Course (ASET Certificate) - Online
At the end of the course you will be able to: * Understand basic concepts of conflict management * Explore techniques for managing conflict effectively * Demonstrate five conflict handling styles * Adopt good listening techniques * Understand negotiation techniques * Describe problem solving approaches * Demonstrate mediation techniques * Demonstrate how to cope with crises * Describe the concepts of self-development
On successful completion of all of the assignments throughout this course, you will receive a ASET Level 2 Certificate in Conflict Management.
ASET is a nationally recognised qualification, which is listed on the Nation curriculum Framework.
This programme is designed for people seeking to understand the nature of conflict and provides a series of techniques to deal effectively with conflict and hostility. Students can be drawn from any environment where conflict, anger and hostility are encountered either by telephone or in personal contact with clients, customers or the public at large
The course is designed for study by distance learning at work or at home. Students receive course manual, assignments and studyguide plus tutor support by telephone, mail and email.
You will receive full tutor support by e-mail and post for a full year from the day you receive the course. To complete this course it will take in the region of 90 study hours which can be spread over a 12 month period to suit the student.
As you work through this course you are required to complete a series of tutor marked assignments, which you can then send to your tutor for marking. There is no word count for these assignments, however you do have to prove to your tutor that you have fully understood the question asked.
Unit 1: Conflict and anger
* understand the sources and nature of conflict
* consider different conflict-handling styles
* learn to understand and deal with anger
Unit 2: Listening skills
* understand the ideal listening process
* deal with prejudices which may damage your ability to listen
* beware of traps for listeners
Unit 3: Negotiation
* understand the nature of establishment-community conflicts
* see how these groups approach conflict situations
* understand the ‘joint problem solving’ approach
* learn good negotiating practice
* consider strategies for rescuing difficult situations
Unit 4: Mediation
* understand the meaning and nature of mediation
* know when mediation is useful
* understand the phases of the mediation process
* deal with problems that can arise during this process
* know what qualities you need to develop to be an effective mediator
Unit 5: Crisis mediation
* understand the problem of re-entry
* look at causes of power imbalances in negotiation
* learn to deal with these power imbalances
* understand the importance of establishing a good working relationship with the other party
* deal with the need for mediation in crisis situations
Unit 6: Examples of good and poor practice
Other programs related to Psychology, Social and Behavioral Sciences