This qualification is for those who wish to assess/verify competence-based qualifications. You must be a professional with a minimum of 5 years experience in industry.
What does the course involve?
In order to assess competence-based qualifications, you need to be qualified as an Assessor. The full Assessor Award is A1, 'Assess candidates using a range of methods', which replaces the old TDLB D32 and D33. A2, 'Assess candidates’ performance through observation', is suitable for workplace observers and replaces D32.
Candidates are required to complete 6 modules that demonstrate their ability to:
* Develop realistic plans for assessment with candidates
* Assess them by observation (for A2), and/or by a range of methods (for A1)
* Make valid assessment decisions
* Make appropriate records of assessment decisions
* Give feedback to candidates on their performance and review their progress
* Work with other people involved in the process such as tutors and Internal Verifiers
Assessment/ verification practice must be completed during the course in a further education environment or workplace. You will be shadowing an experienced assessor/internal verifier to enable you to assess/verify a variety of students/assessors using a range of evidence/assessment methods.
Your own practical assessment will be a combination of observation, professional discussions, oral questioning, written questioning and building a portfolio of evidence to assess your competence.
We offer on going telephone and email guidance to support and encourage candidates to achieve their award in a short amount of time.