Comments about Course - BTEC Higher National Certificate in Building Services Engineering (HVAC) - At the institution - Westminster - Greater London
BTEC Higher National Certificate in Building Services Engineering (HVAC)
Duration of course:
Two year, part time day & evening study (10 hrs on one day per week).
Where does it lead?
The course provides a nationally recognised qualification for those employed in the Building Services industry and associated areas. Students on the course are encouraged to gain membership to the CIBSE or other relevant professional institutions.
What does it include?
The course consists of ten units plus mapping of CISC Occupational Standard and Higher Level Skills and Abilities.
-Design Principles and Applications
-Management Principles and Application
-Health, Safety and Welfare
-Building Management Systems
-Thermofluids and Acoustic Criteria
-Air Conditioning ‘A’
What do I need to get onto it?
The course is more likely to benefit applicants already working in the industry, however
Each candidate will be assessed on previous experience and qualifications including:
- A BTEC National Certificate or Diploma in Building Services Engineering or related vocational area
- A BTEC National Award in construction
- AVCE in Construction or and the Built Environment
- Relevant A Levels (e.g. Maths or Physics)
- Work related experience and other Level 3 qualifications will be considered for mature applicants
Successful applicants are required to purchase the CIBSE Student or Concise Handbook before the course starts.