This course is for intermediate who want to make clothes to a high standard and learn new skills
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- ? Make clothes for yourself or others from a list which includes, TOPS, SKIRTS & TROUSERS, JACKETS & DRESSES. ALL USING ADVANCED PROCEDURES.
- Choose appropriatr patterns & fabrics for your projects.
- ‘read’ a pattern, to lay & cut out fabric.
- Use advanced techniques which include making up & setting in a two piece sleeve, making up & applying a two piece collar.
- Have knowledge of a welt & patch pockets which will be demonstrated and can be applied to your garments.
Learners are required to supply all patterns, fabrics, interlinings & linings and a work box of sewing equipment (list of equipment supplied at first session) learners have the use of sewing machines, overlockers, irons & metal rulers in the workroom. Typically £40. if you have no equipment already
Classes typically have about 12-14 learners working on their own assignments. There is a weekly demonstration to introduce new procedures
You will have the use of all equipment in the workroom which includes:- SEWING MACHINES, OVERLOCKERS, IRONS & METAL RULERS. You will have access to the learning Centre in Putney & Tooting. This includes the use of computers & books
Tutor feedback. Student self assessment. Progress Record Homework.