How to make and arrange easy wired and unwired sugar flowers and foliage for beautiful cake decorations. To include seasonal flowers and leaves, sweet pea, lily of valley, freesia, jasmine, blossom flowers, modelled and cutter roses, calla lilies
This course will teach you how to:
- make flower pastes
- expert advice on choosing and using equipment
- how to use a range of popular flower cutters
- how to make and wire basic sugar flowers
- the global and cultural backgrounds to the subject
- the principles of colour, design and proportion
- dusting, glazing and finishing techniques
- compiling a personal reference file
You will need to purchase some basic sugar flower equipment such as a grooved board, rolling pin, balling tool and flower foam pad and then cutters each week as needed. You will be entitled to a 10% discount at the local sugarcraft shop
You will agree a course outline. Each week the lesson will include mini lecture, demonstrations and small group and individual work on practical samples, different flowers and techniques. Practice at home is encouraged for progress and time to make sufficient flowers for a small spray.
Access to learning Centre at Tooting which holds a selection of reference magazines and books. The tutor has a variety of books in class for reference.
Tutor observation and feedback. Individual Learning Plans. Student and peer self assessment. Course file appraisal
Do another level 1 or level 2 course in cake decorating or sugar craft