Course - Higher Diploma in Society, Health and Development

Speak without obligation to City and Islington College

To contact you must accept the privacy policy

Comments about Course - Higher Diploma in Society, Health and Development - At the institution - London - Greater London

  • Entry requirements
    Who is this course for? Young people aged 16-18 who wish to learn both practical and theoretical aspects of the health and social care sector. What do I need to get on the course? You need four GCSEs at grade D or above (one of which must be English) or a BTEC Introductory Diploma in Health and Social Care with merit or distinction.
  • Academic title
    The Higher Society, Health and Development Diploma, and an Associated Specialist Learning qualification. The Higher Diploma broadly equates to seven GCSEs (A*- C).
  • Course description
    What is this course about?
    The Diploma in Society, Health and Development is a new and exciting qualification. It is a practical, work-related course. You learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands. As well as learning about the employment area you have chosen, you develop the skills you need to start a career or to progress to level

    What will I study?
    The Diploma is different in the mix of educational experience it offers. As well as classroom teaching there is time spent away from school or college. Diploma students will complete work placements.

    Young people studying the Diploma in Society, Health and Development will learn how to think, question, explore, and communicate. You will cover principal learning which will introduce you to a wide range of health and social care settings including youth work and the justice sector.

    You will study additional and specialist learning, focusing on health and social care. The Diploma will enable you to develop your personal, learning and thinking skills and functional skills in English, ICT and maths.

    What can I do after the course?
    You may progress onto an advanced Society, Health and Development Diploma, or another level 3 course in a related subject

Other programs related to social work

This site uses cookies.
If you continue navigating, the use of cookies is deemed to be accepted.
See more  |